Purchasing and Accounts Payable Coordinator
Reports to: Controller
Position Status: This position will be a benefit eligible, non-exempt position
The Purchasing and Accounts Payable Coordinator will facilitate the purchasing process from receipt of the purchase requisition through payment of the vendor invoice. This process includes purchase order processing, tracking of item receipt, resolution of any purchasing issues, receipt of vendor invoice and payment processing. This person will assist the Controller with reporting functions associated with the purchasing and AP processes and other administrative duties of the School’s Business Office as assigned.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and verifies purchase requisitions by reviewing items requested; clarifying unclear items including general ledger coding; identifying appropriate vendor(s) and securing best purchase terms based on budget and timing;
- Issues timely and accurate purchase orders based on approved requisitions specifications;
- Monitors purchase order status, acting as liaison between school and vendor to resolve issues with purchase order, shipping, receipt and invoicing;
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with vendors;
- Responsible for maintenance of inventory in common supply rooms throughout campus; initiates paperwork to purchase additional stock as needed;
- Manage annual summer purchasing process with Division Offices and Department Directors;
- Maintains purchase and receipt documentation in support of accounts payable process;
- Provides various constituents with applicable tax-exempt documentation;
- Maintains files and records of all purchase orders and approval history, including delivery receipts.
- Receives and reviews invoices/bills to confirm accuracy and proper approvals for all expenses;
- Codes invoices/bills based on approved purchase requisition coding, inputs invoices/bills into accounting system and facilitates review/approval process for payment;
- Manages the collection, input, reconciliation and payment of all school credit card transactions;
- Obtains appropriate signatures on all checks and approval on all ACH and credit card payments;
- Responsible for disbursement of all payments utilizing most timely and cost-effective method;
- Responsible for maintaining good credit with all vendors;
- Responsible for bank Positive Pay process, including the reviews and clearance of exceptions.
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes data and trends to implement best practices in purchasing and accounts payable processes;
- Researches all questions relating to purchasing and accounts payable transactions;
- Assists department with annual audit preparation and is available to assist auditors;
- Updates job knowledge by seeking out and participating in educational opportunities;
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. from four-year college or commensurate experience;
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel, Word and Google Sheets and Doc;
- Experience in Blackbaud products preferred;
- Must possess and maintain a positive attitude and a spirit of service. We are a school that serves both students and parents and a department that serves families, faculty and other staff
- Demonstrated project management, time management, and organizational skills;
- Agility to manage details of multiple projects and to set priorities that accurately reflect the relative importance of activities or job duties;
- Accurately provide and receive information in oral and written communications;
- A results-orientated individual who demonstrates the ability to work well with people at all levels, warmly developing relationships while simultaneously employing keen judgment;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Create a positive environment where two-way communication and trust are established;
- Embrace and embody the unique and essential Mission of the School, demonstrating an understanding of the distinctly Christian principles that reside at the heart of “Family, School, and Church united in the Support and Education of Each Child.”
If you're interested in the position, please submit resumes and letters of interest to Diane Havlinek, Director of Finance and Operations, and complete an employment application online.
Presbyterian School seeks to attract qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to its faculty, staff and student body who are able to support and further the mission of the school. Accordingly, all positions on the faculty and administrative staff will be filled solely on the basis of merit and without reference to the applicant's age, sex, disability, ethnic or national origin. In light of the school's religious nature, it does reserve the right to consider an applicant's or employee's religious beliefs and practices in employment decisions.