Lower School Program
Presbyterian School strives to instill a lifelong enthusiasm for learning in each of its Lower School students through the use of hands-on dynamic approaches to education. Through their Lower School experiences, students build a physically, emotionally, spiritually and academically well-rounded and self assured foundation to draw upon in later years.
The Lower School core curriculum includes Language arts, Math, Science and Social Studies. In addition to the main academic subjects, students participate in specialist classes including Academic Enrichment, Art, Chapel, Library, Music, Physical Education and Science Lab. Technology is integrated throughout the curriculum. Teachers take their students beyond the traditional classroom walls to find experiences which enhance their students’ knowledge base and personal character. Students explore their surroundings, discover in cooperative learning opportunities, and shine in public performances.
Special Features in Lower School include:
- Interdisciplinary projects and exhibitions at each grade
- 3rd & 4th grade project based learning
- Museum of Fine Arts Story Hour
- Kindergarten and 4th Grade Buddy Program
- Community Service
- Academic Enrichment Team
- Hot Lunch Program
- Assemblies for students
- Special Event Days (i.e. Grandparents Day, Pajama Day, Field Day, etc.)
- iPad carts for each grade level with one-to-one iPads for 4th grade
- Parent-Teacher Conferences twice a year
- Ongoing online and print communication with parents