High School Counseling
In the spring of the Seventh Grade year, we begin to talk with parents and students about high school admissions with a focus on the following topics:
- Importance of strong academic initiative and effort
- Importance of character traits, skills and habits which are discussed on teacher recommendation forms
- Identification of potential private and public high schools
- Identification of application processes and timetables
As part of the process, eighth grade students are invited to evaluate themselves and address areas for improvement.
Beginning in the Fall of the Eighth Grade year, students participate in the following high school admissions related activities:
- Family conferences with the high school counselors
- School visits for entire grade to private high schools
- Visits from private school admission directors to Presbyterian School to meet the students
High school counselors track the process from beginning to end to help ensure a good high school fit for each student.
Click here to view the educational institutions in which our graduates have enrolled.