Early Childhood Assistant Teacher
Position Begins: August 2018
Presbyterian School is seeking an experienced, passionate, professional to join our Early Childhood team as an Assistant Teacher. A qualified candidate will understand the developmental journey of young learners, enjoy working in a high energy classroom, and be skilled in facilitating play-based learning activities. At Presbyterian School, teachers are members of collaborative teams. The Assistant Teacher is classroom-based and functions as an integral part of the teaching team.
Demonstrated experience in teaching in a selective independent or public school setting is required. Creativity and initiative are invited. A successful candidate will exhibit strong character and will commit to supporting the mission, programs, and policies of Presbyterian School.
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education or related field.
- Experience in a selective independent or public school setting preferred.
- Deep understanding of the developmental stages and needs of the young child.
- A positive, solution-focused approach to problems.
- Skills to effectively communicate with colleagues, parents, and students.
- Willingness to embrace new paradigms of student learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth
Presbyterian School seeks to attract qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to its faculty, staff and student body who are able to support and further the mission of the school. Accordingly, all positions on the faculty and administrative staff will be filled solely on the basis of merit and without reference to the applicant's age, sex, disability, ethnic or national origin. In light of the school's religious nature, it does reserve the right to consider an applicant's or employee's religious beliefs and practices in employment decisions.