Position Begins: August 2018
As a teacher of mathematics, are you excited about including “whys” and “therefores” in addition to operations and algorithms? Do the progressive parts of pedagogy intrigue you? Can you make math compelling and accessible?
Presbyterian School is seeking an experienced, dynamic teacher who is passionate about introducing algebraic fundamentals to middle school students. The sixth grade Pre-Algebra course is the foundation of Presbyterian School’s three-year Algebra sequence.
A qualified candidate will enjoy the Middle School child, value collaboration with colleagues, be committed to student-centered learning and be ready to apply progressive pedagogical approaches. Demonstrated experience teaching mathematics in a selective independent or public school setting is required. Contributing to the school community beyond the classroom is expected. A successful candidate will exhibit strong character and will commit to supporting the mission, programs, and policies of Presbyterian School.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Teaching experience in mathematics at selective independent or public school setting.
- Deep understanding of and appreciation for the Middle School student
- Hearty sense of humor
- A positive, solution-focused approach to problems
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, parents, and students
- Willingness to embrace new paradigms of student learning
- Ability to meaningfully employ the iPad in teaching and learning
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth
Click here to apply online. Please direct all letters of interest and employment queries to Janet Fox, Academic Dean.
Presbyterian School seeks to attract qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to its faculty, staff and student body who are able to support and further the mission of the school. Accordingly, all positions on the faculty and administrative staff will be filled solely on the basis of merit and without reference to the applicant's age, sex, disability, ethnic or national origin. In light of the school's religious nature, it does reserve the right to consider an applicant's or employee's religious beliefs and practices in employment decisions.