Fifth Grade Math Teacher
Position Begins: August 2018
“Mathematics is a multidimensional subject that requires reasoning, creativity, and connection making.”
As a teacher of mathematics, can you integrate this statement with a student’s need to master basic operations and algorithms? Are you skilled in helping students bridge from the concrete to the abstract? Can you make math exciting and accessible?
Presbyterian School is seeking an experienced, dynamic teacher who has a passion for teaching mathematics. A qualified candidate will enjoy the older elementary aged child and be able to create an exciting, active, classroom environment that fosters creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving.
Teachers at Presbyterian School welcome the opportunity to innovate, employ progressive pedagogical approaches, value collaboration with colleagues and be committed to differentiated student learning. Demonstrated experience in teaching in a selective independent or public school setting is required. Contributing to the school community beyond the classroom is expected. A successful candidate will exhibit strong character and will commit to supporting the mission, programs, and policies of Presbyterian School.
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, Museum Education, Mathematics, or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Teaching experience in a selective independent or public school setting
- Deep understanding of the older elementary learner
- Warm sense of humor
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Skill to effectively communicate with colleagues, parents and students
- Willingness to embrace new paradigms of student learning
- Ability to meaningfully employ the iPad in teaching and learning
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth
Click here to apply online. Please direct all letters of interest and employment queries to Janet Fox, Academic Dean.
Presbyterian School seeks to attract qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to its faculty, staff and student body who are able to support and further the mission of the school. Accordingly, all positions on the faculty and administrative staff will be filled solely on the basis of merit and without reference to the applicant's age, sex, disability, ethnic or national origin. In light of the school's religious nature, it does reserve the right to consider an applicant's or employee's religious beliefs and practices in employment decisions.