Fifth Grade Writing Teacher
Position Begins: August 2018
Can you help students fall in love with the craft of writing? Have you developed a way to keep students excited and engaged when the focus is on grammar and spelling? Is working collaboratively with other teachers important to you?
Presbyterian School is seeking an experienced, passionate professional to teach Fifth Grade writing, grammar, and spelling. A qualified candidate will enjoy the older elementary aged child and be able to create an exciting, active classroom environment using student-centered learning that fosters creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving. The ability to recognize, articulate and respond to unique learning profiles is necessary. Demonstrated experience in teaching in a selective independent or public school setting is required.
Teachers at Presbyterian School value collaboration with colleagues and exploring instruction that crosses subject lines. Creativity and initiative are invited.
Contributing to the school community beyond the classroom is expected. A successful candidate will exhibit strong character and will commit to supporting the mission, programs, and policies of Presbyterian School.
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, Museum Education, English/Language Arts, or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Teaching experience in a selective independent or public school setting
- Deep understanding of the older elementary learner
- Warm sense of humor
- Positive approach to solving problems
- Skill to effectively communicate with colleagues, parents and students
- Willingness to embrace new paradigms of student learning
- Ability to meaningfully employ the iPad in teaching and learning
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth
Click here to apply online. Please direct all letters of interest and employment queries to Janet Fox, Academic Dean.
Presbyterian School seeks to attract qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to its faculty, staff and student body who are able to support and further the mission of the school. Accordingly, all positions on the faculty and administrative staff will be filled solely on the basis of merit and without reference to the applicant's age, sex, disability, ethnic or national origin. In light of the school's religious nature, it does reserve the right to consider an applicant's or employee's religious beliefs and practices in employment decisions.