Back-to-School on August 24
We believe that we have a shared responsibility to promote the health and safety of the greater Houston community during this challenging time. So after a great deal of planning and praying, reading and researching, and watching and listening, we have concluded that the safest way to open Presbyterian School this fall for the people of Houston and our PS community is for all students to begin school via our Online Learning program, beginning August 24.
In addition to COVID-19 related questions, we know parents have a lot of basic questions about getting ready for the first day of school including backpack purchases, school uniform, homeroom lists, connecting with carpool families, etc. We have put together a helpful FAQ below and a directory of individuals to call if you need additional help.
- When will campus re-open?
- Who is advising the School on Health, Safety, and Learning Protocols?
- What are the new protocols to mitigate the spread of COVID-19?
- What are the processes for cleaning and sanitizing the campus?
- Are face coverings required on-campus?
- Is there a health screening requirement to come on-campus?
- How can i get COVID-19 testing?
- Where can I view a School Calendar?
- Will there be any changes to the School calendar?
- What is SchoolPass and how do i get it?
- What are the arrival and dismissal procedures?
- What are the designated carpool routes?
- Is Hot Lunch available?
- What Auxiliary Programs are available?
- How do I sign up for Extended Care?
- Will there be Fall sports?
New Family Back-to-School Events
Kristin Brown, Director of Admission & Financial Aid
Ryan Hertlein, Assistant Director of Admission and Alumni
Required School Forms
Judy Ligon, Registrar
Tuition Payment & Billing
Diane Havlinek, Director of Finance & Operations
Smart Tuition (888.868.8828)
Grade Level, Curriculum, School Day, etc.
Charlie Gramatges, Head of Middle School (6th-8th Grade)
Christy Heno, Head of Lower School (1st-5th Grade)
Lois Geiger, Head of Early Childhood (PK3-Kindergarten )
Athletics, PE and Wellness
Alvaro Baltodano, Director of Athletics
Ann Horne, Director of P.E. and Wellness
Julie Brunson, School Nurse
Chapel and Community Service
Jo Leever, Chaplain
Fine Arts, School Choirs and Museum Partnerships
Courtney Daniell-Knapp, Director of Fine Arts
Philanthropy, Special Events and Volunteers
Ashlea Taylor, Head of Philanthropy
Kendall McCord, Director of Special Events and Alumni
Mimi Traylor, Director of Annual Fund and Volunteers
Communications and Parent Portal
Andrea Lawless, Director of Communications