Presbyterian School requires all students to wear a school uniform for on-campus learning. Uniforms are not required for Online Learning. The School uniform is a mark of community that identifies the wearer as a student at Presbyterian School. All uniforms should be marked with the student’s full name. Please refrain from using initials.
We will require face coverings for all faculty and staff and for all students (PK3-8th grade) while on campus. Students may choose their own face coverings to wear to school, keeping in mind that reusable face coverings should be at least 2-ply (double layer) cotton or polyester cloth and washed every night. References to or designs of drugs, sexual emblems, tobacco, alcoholic beverages, politics and inappropriate language are not permitted on face coverings. The School reserves the right to replace a student's face covering if necessary. Students should bring an additional clean face covering to school in their backpack every day. The School has Presbyterian School branded adult and child face masks available for purchase for $5 each.
Daily Uniform Options
Students may choose ANY combination of school uniform, PE uniform or school spirit shirt to wear on a daily basis. Middle School uniform update: Middle School students now have the option to wear the School's PE shorts on a daily basis. We have made this modification in order to accommodate our student athletes who will not be able to change for athletic practice after school. Students will practice in the same clothes they choose to wear to school. All students will be given a school spirit shirt with their Student Supply Pick-up. Click here to purchase additional spirit shirts for $10 each. Personalized spirt wear may be purchased from our School Spirit Store.
Where Do I Buy Uniforms?
- Uniforms should be purchased at Sue Mills Uniform (3465-A W. Alabama). No substitutions of vendors or materials are allowed.
- The School offers a Uniform Resale Closet in Founders Hall (40 Oakdale St) where gently used Sue Mills uniform items may be purchased for $5 each.
- PS Spirit Store for customized school spirit apparel
Uniform Resale Closet Pop-Up Shop
Wednesday, August 26 - Friday, September 4
Founders Hall Lobby
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
By sign-up appointment only
Parents are required to sign up for a 30 minute time slot below in order to browse the School's Uniform Resale Closet. Please note the following before coming to campus:
- The Uniform Resale Closet will be set-up in the Founders Hall Lobby.
- There is a limit of 3 guests per 30 minute time slot.
- Anyone entering Founders Hall must wear a mask and maintain social distance protocols.
- Each item in the Uniform Resale is $5 each. Please bring cash or check only. It is recommended to bring $5 bills as we are unable to make change at this time.
- Bring your gently used uniforms when you shop! We stock the closet all year round and will be happy to accept gently used pieces that no longer fit. There will be a designated table to drop off uniforms.
Unfortunately, we are unable to keep the Uniform Resale Closet open every day after On-Campus learning begins. We will offer additional Pop-up Shop dates in the Fall, but those dates have not yet been determined. Please take advantage of the Uniform Resale Closet opening August 26-September 4 to purchase your needed uniform items. If you have any questions, please contact Taylor Moll, Philanthropy Associate.
Grooming & Appearance
It is the School’s expectation that when a student is wearing the uniform it is worn properly. Presbyterian School students should be neat in appearance and well groomed at all times. The School asks parents to be supportive of this expectation, even outside of school.
All shirttails must be tucked in at all times, except the middle school short-sleeve girls oxford shirt.
For the sake of modesty, girls are expected to wear solid color shorts under their uniform skirts.
Only 7th and 8th grade girls may wear make-up to School and it must be “imperceptible.”
Hair must be natural in color.
Shoes, Belts & Accessories
- Socks must be worn with shoes. Only close-toed, flat-heeled shoes or athletic shoes may be worn to school. Boots are not acceptable.
Belts must be worn with shorts or pants. Sue Mills sells a PS logo belt. Belts are optional for Early Childhood students.
Jewelry must be modest. Middle School students may wear a single necklace and/or bracelet. Girls may wear stud earrings and students may wear watches.
Headbands, hair bows and scrunchies are appropriate hair accessories for girls. Scarves and kerchiefs may not be worn.
Only uniform outerwear purchased from Sue Mills or the PS online School Store may be worn inside school. Non-uniform cold weather outerwear may be worn to and from school and on the playground.